Maggie Savage ~ For Mother’s Day, making dessert with my daughter, Livvie, is always fun, but it’s even more rewarding when I know that we’re whipping up something nutritious. This recipe fits the bill, and is an indulgent “milkshake meets ice cream” kind of treat. Freeze it like fudgesicles or serve it with a spoon and everyone will be happy.
Livvie and I also used this recipe to make popsicles and oh my raw goodness, they were like fudgesicles! Except that they are free of cow’s milk AND added sugars.
If you are willing to take this recipe one degree out of the raw food realm, then you can delight your taste buds with mocha fudgesicles or frawsties. Simply add 1 tablespoon of coffee in place of the water. Really, there’s so much you could do with this recipe … try adding some ground chia, or even some peanut butter …
- ½ Cup Raw Cashews, soaked for at least an hour
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Cacao [cocoa powder]
- 5 Medjool Dates, soaked to hydrate and pitted
- 1 Cup Ice Cubes (7-8 cubes)
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- Strain and rinse the cashews after soaking.
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender, and blend until it reaches desired consistency. If you’re using a regular blender (not a high speed one) you might want to add a little more water to get things moving.