You just let me know when I’ve posted too much chocolate, okay? With all of the “cream on cream” responses that I received for how you would enjoy my Dairy-Free Chocolate Whipped Cream recipe, I just knew it was time for some dairy-free chocolate ice cream cupcakes.
Unlike similar recipes for chocolate ice cream cupcakes, these have a cookie base rather than cake. In fact, they’re infused with two types of chocolate in the crust, have a dairy-free chocolate ice cream middle, and I top everything with some mini chocolate chips because … why not?!
And of course, these dairy-free chocolate ice cream cupcakes will be enjoyed by all. Don’t be concerned for a second about sharing these cool, creamy vegan goodies with friends, family and coworkers. They’re made with the most amazing ice cream ever (yes, dairy-free or not): So Delicious Cashew Milk Ice Cream. This frozen dessert is the hands down winner of my very unofficial “sheer bliss” award.
Concerned about nut allergies at your celebration? No worries, they have coconut milk-based chocolate ice cream, too! And since these are no bake, they can be whipped up in minutes and enjoyed at gatherings throughout the summer without having to turn on your oven!
This post is sponsored by So Delicious Dairy Free but the writing, opinions, recipe, photos, and apparent chocolate addiction are all me.
Special Diet Notes: Chocolate Ice Cream Cupcakes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
For nut-free, dairy-free chocolate ice cream cupcakes, simply use So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream rather than the cashew-based one.
- 1½ pints So Delicious Creamy Chocolate Cashew Milk Ice Cream (see post above for nut-free)
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free chocolate chips + additional for topping
- 1 tablespoon neutral-tasting oil (see note below)
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs (I use about 9 Enjoy Life Double Chocolate Crunchy Cookies)
- Coconut whipped topping (So Delicious CocoWhip or recipe below)
- Line a 6-well muffin tin with cupcake liners and remove the ice cream from the freezer to soften.
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl (I melt it on HIGH in the microwave for 1 minute, then whisked to combine - do not overheat). Whisk in the oil.
- Place the cookie crumbs in a small bowl, add the chocolate-oil mixture and stir with a fork to evenly combine.
- Press the cookie mixture evenly into the cupcake liners. Place in the freezer.
- You can either stir the ice cream to evenly soften it, or place it in a bowl and whip with a hand mixer for just 10 seconds. You want it to still be frozen, but more spreadable like soft serve.
- Remove the muffin tin from the freezer and top the cookie crusts with the ice cream, spreading to even it out. Return to the freezer for 1 to 2 hours to fully set-up.
- You can either pipe or dollop on the topping in advance and refreeze or top just before serving with the whip followed by some mini chocolate chips.
Oil Note - Do not use coconut oil. You need an oil that will remain liquid when frozen so that the cookie crust doesn't end up too hard.
Pingback: Homemade Strawberry Magic Shell Recipe (Dairy-Free!)
Pingback: Ricki's Raves 5: Summer Edition - Ricki Heller
Pingback: Easy Coconut Cream Pie Recipe (Naturally Dairy-Free)
Pingback: Simply S'mores Bars Recipe (Dairy-Free)
Hello there! These look so delicious and easy to make. Would there be a huge difference in taste or constancy if I use So Delicious chocolate coconut ice cream? Our local store does not carry the cashew.
Hi Priscilla, the coconut milk-based ice cream should work great! I find the cashew milk one a little creamier, and it doesn’t have the underlying coconut notes, but the chocolate coconut one is still delicious and creamy! That should be a fine swap.