This protein-rich chocolate almond smoothie is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth! It’s rich and decadent, yet still healthy and fulfilling. Plus, it’s hard to beat the combination of chocolate, almonds and banana. The recipe was originally shared with us by Blue Diamond Growers, but I’ve added some of my own recommendations since I make chocolate smoothies like this often.
Special Diet Notes: Chocolate Lover’s Almond Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, optionally vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- ¾ cup chocolate dairy-free almond milk beverage
- ½ banana (frozen for a thicker shake)
- 2 tablespoons almonds or walnuts (see note below)
- 1 tablespoon plant-based protein powder (see note below)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup, or to taste
- Place the milk beverage, banana, nuts, protein powder, cocoa, and ice in your blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Taste test and blend in the sweetener, to taste, if needed.
Going Nuts - If you have them on hand, I recommend using lightly salted nuts. Just a pinch of salt really heightens the flavors in smoothies.
Protein Power - For the protein powder, I recommend using one with a pea protein base for the creamiest results. The recipe uses plain protein powder. If you opt for a vanilla or chocolate protein powder, then you may want to skip the added sweetener.
Fruity Option - If you want a sweeter chocolate almond smoothie, but don't want to add honey or maple syrup, you can blend in 1 soft pitted medjool date instead.
Pingback: Kid-Friendly Wild Berry Smoothie Recipe (Dairy-Free)