This recipe for chocolate mint dairy-free ice cream sandwich cake is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Kaitlyn Groene. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Coconut Milk Ice Cream and Ice Cream Sandwiches by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Mint-spiked dairy-free ice cream is layered with vanilla ice cream sandwiches for a decadent vegan dessert.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Chocolate Mint Dairy-Free Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 3 pints So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- ¼ cup crème de menthe syrup
- Green food coloring (natural, if possible)
- 30 So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips, for sprinkling
- 1 bottle dairy-free chocolate sprinkles
- Place the ice cream, creme de menthe syrup and a few drops of green food colouring in an electric mixer and beat for 1–2 minutes, or until softened. Place the ice cream in a metal container and freeze for 1 hour, or until firm but spreadable.
- Working quickly, place 10 ice cream sandwiches together on a serving dish. This will make the base layer of the cake.
- Spread evenly with 1½ cups of the mint ice cream and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Repeat with 10 more sandwiches, top with another layer of ice cream and chocolate chips.
- Finish by using the remaining 10 ice cream sandwiches and topping with a thick layer of the remaining ice cream. Sprinkle chocolate chips and vegan sprinkles on top!
- Return to the freezer and freeze for 2–3 hours or until set.