This recipe for chocolate peanut butter apple truffles is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Moriah Geller. To qualify, the recipe includes Culinary Coconut Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Chocolate Peanut Butter Apple Truffles
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, soy-free, vegan and vegetarian.
- 1 11-ounce carton So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk
- 4 ½ cups dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup crushed apple chips
- Heat coconut milk on the stove until bubbles for on the edge of the pot.
- Pour coconut milk over chocolate chips and coconut oil in a heat-safe bowl. Stir vigorously to combine.
- Let mixture firm in the fridge overnight.
- Once firmed, form into balls. Place in freezer.
- Heat coconut oil until liquefied; mix together with peanut butter.
- Remove truffles from freezer and dip in peanut butter glaze.
- Sprinkle truffles with apple pieces and enjoy!
- Store in refrigerator and consume within 3 days.