Whether you’re looking for an easy, snackable sweet for game day gatherings, unique movie night or sleepover bites, or a healthier treat to gift your loved one on Valentine’s Day, these chocolate peanut popcorn truffles could be just the recipe you are looking for. Only 4 ingredients and less than 15 minutes for a tray full of chocolate-covered crunch!
The recipe and photo for this chocolate peanut popcorn truffles recipe was shared with us by The Popcorn Board.
Special Diet Notes: Chocolate Peanut Popcorn Truffles
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, tree nut-free, optionally soy-free, optionally vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
For peanut-free popcorn truffles, swap in your favorite nut (sliced almonds, chopped cashews or hazelnuts, etc.) or use 1/2 cup sunflower seeds or hemp seeds for completely nut-free.
- 6 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 12 ounces dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup honey (can sub agave nectar or maple syrup for strict vegan)
- Combine the popcorn and peanuts in a large bowl.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir vigorously. If not fully melted, microwave 15 seconds more and stir vigorously or stir until just melted.
- Warm the honey and stir it into the chocolate until well blended.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the popcorn mixture and stir until the popcorn is evenly coated.
- With s small ice cream scoop, push the popcorn mixture into scoop and release onto wax paper to form truffles. Refrigerate until firm.