This luxurious chocolate yogurt cheesecake is a “dessert” recipe entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Hidemi Walsh. For this dairy-free delight, Hidemi uses the richness and tang of Greek-Style Cultured Almond Milk from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Chocolate Yogurt Cheesecake
This recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian. Most unsweetened baker’s chocolate is dairy-free, but if severe milk allergies are a concern for you, make sure that their aren’t any cross-contamination issues to contend with. Also, we haven’t tested this recipe egg-free as of yet. If you confuse eggs with dairy, you are not alone. See this post: Are Eggs Dairy?
For gluten-free and dairy-free yogurt cheesecake, simply swap the ordinary grahams with Kinnikinnick S’moreable Grahams (love these!) or a crunchy gluten-free cookie, such as Enjoy Life Honey Vanilla Graham Cookies.
- 1 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Greek Cultured Almond Milk Yogurt
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Almond Plus AlmondMilk
- Mix together graham crackers and olive oil in a bowl. Transfer to a greased 9-inch pie pan, and press mixture firmly on the bottom of the pan.
- Chop chocolate and put into a saucepan. Stir in half of almond milk. Heat over medium heat and melt chocolate completely, while stirring constantly.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In another bowl, mix together yogurt, granulated sugar, beaten eggs, all-purpose flour and cocoa powder. Stir in the rest of almond milk and melted chocolate.
- Pour the mixture on the crust and bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes. Then refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours to set up.