Recently, I went a little nuts with pancake ideas (literally). It started with a pancake topping post that I was creating for Bob’s Red Mill. My original goal was to list out tons of great dairy-free topping ideas. But I just couldn’t stop with the simple things like nuts, fruit, and sweet drizzles. Soon I had a head full of recipe ideas, and within a week’s worth of gluten-free pancakes for breakfast (Tony was not complaining!), I had three delicious recipes for healthy, sweet stacks of dairy-free pancakes. The one I’m posting here, today is for Chunky Monkey Pancakes…
But before the Chunky Monkey Pancakes, there were these amazing Almond Butter and Strawberry Coulis Pancakes that are featured on Bob’s Red Mill today! Consider them my healthy take on PB&J pancakes with fresh strawberries, almonds and a couple other bites of nutrition blended in!
And these Cinnamon Peaches and Cream Pancakes with fresh peach puree, diced peaches and vanilla dairy-free whip.
Click the above images to head straight to the other two recipes, but for the Chunky Monkey Pancakes, read on. These fluffy dairy-free (and optionally gluten-free) monsters are topped with a homemade almond-maple drizzle, an easy chocolate drizzle (2 options!), sliced almonds, and of course, bananas.
Special Diet Notes: Chunky Monkey Pancakes
By ingredients, this recipe is optionally dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan and vegetarian, depending on the pancakes you prepare. I made ours gluten-free and dairy-free with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Pancake Mix, but you can make your favorite vegan pancakes, if desired.
If you don’t require gluten-free, I highly recommend this wholesome Buckwheat Pancake Mix and hearty Organic High Fiber Pancake Mix.
- 1 batch dairy-free pancakes, prepared (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Pancake Mix)
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons creamy almond butter (I use lightly salted)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- Almond slices
- 2 bananas, cut into chunks
- Bob's serves 4 per batch.
- While the pancakes are cooking, prepare the toppings.
- For the Nutty Drizzle, whisk together the ingredients in a small microwave-safe bowl (can be done on the stovetop) and heat for about 15 to 30 seconds, or until drizzly. Whisk again.
- For the Chocolate Drizzle, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Divide pancakes between 4 plates. Top with almond slices and bananas. Pour on Nutty and Chocolate Drizzles.
Pingback: Banana Split Icebox Cake Recipe (Dairy-Free)