If you’re like me, then you usually enjoy a sweeter, more carb-heavy breakfast. But that might not be the best option for your body type. Enter this cinnamon power mug muffin. It’s the dairy-free version of an Atkins favorite that’s grain-free, high-fiber, and sugar-free. But I have included a refined sugar-free option below.
Cinnamon Power Mug Muffin for Sweet Energy without Sugar
The original Atkins recipe is sweetened with stevia, but I’m not a big fan of baking with stevia. So for people like me, I’d like to share another sweetener option. You can substitute 1 tablespoon of another sweetener, or to taste. This can be a sugar-free option, like erythritol, or simply a refined sugar-free option, like maple syrup or coconut sugar.
I also see that they use quite a bit of stevia for one serving. You might choose to start with 1/4 teaspoon if using pure stevia extract, and adjust from there. You can also add a drop to the cinnamon buttery topping for a slightly sweet finish.
This cinnamon power mug muffin recipe with photo was shared with us by Atkins.com.
Special Diet Notes: Cinnamon Power Mug Muffin
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, sugar-free, and vegetarian. I think it’s keto-friendly too!
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free buttery spread or coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon + 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon + pinch salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon stevia (or your favorite sweetener, to taste; see post above for tips)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttery spread or coconut oil, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and ⅛ teaspoon salt.
- In a coffee mug or single-serve ramekin, whisk together flaxseed meal, almond flour, remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon, baking powder, stevia, and remaining pinch salt. Add egg and oil and stir until combined.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. or until baked through.
- Serve topped with the cinnamon buttery spread.
Key Pantry Supplies: Cinnamon Power Mug Muffin