This recipe for vegan no bake cookies was a dessert entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Amy Raymond. For the gooey cookie base, she uses Culinary Coconut Milk from So Delicious.
Amy says, “My Mom made no bake cookies all the time when I was growing up; and I for my kids. Since becoming vegan as an adult, I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to enjoy them anymore. But after tinkering with my favorite So Delicious products, I can make them & lick the spoon all I want! Also, I have yet to find a heated vegan no bake cookies like mine, that uses cinnamon instead of cocoa!”
Special Diet Notes & Options: Cinnamon Vegan No Bake Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, tree nut-free, vegan and vegetarian. In fact, it’s all around allergy-friendly! Just be sure to use a dairy-free, soy-free margarine (Earth Balance offers a couple) or soy-free oil. Also, if strict gluten-free is a concern, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats to make these vegan no bake cookies.
- 2 cups sugar (can reduce for less sweet)
- ½ cup dairy-free margarine / buttery spread (or vegetable oil, cookies will turn out stickier but just as tasty)
- ½ cup full-fat coconout milk (So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk used here)
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups oats (certified gluten-free, if needed)
- Bring sugar, spread (or oil), coconut milk, and cinnamon to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and oats. Drop mixture by tablespoons onto a non-greased baking sheet. Allow to cool.