This Coconut Chocolate Sorbet recipe is an official entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free Recipe Contest!
Recipe By: Anna De Simone Salituro
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked in filtered water for at least 2 hours , rinse and drain
- 1 cup coconut meat (or coconut butter)
- 1 cup agave or maple syrup (use less if using maple syrup)
- 2-1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 1 cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Put into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions.
- Top with cacao nibs or nuts.