Talk about a unique blend! The idea to put cranberry, banana, coconut, peach and pineapple into cherry smoothies is warm-weather brilliance. The recipe is a Sippable entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (over $3500 in cash prizes available!) submitted by Fiona Green.
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
Note that Fiona uses frozen berries in these fruit-rich cherry smoothies. If you pt to use fresh, simply use a frozen banana, broken into chunks, to keep it chilly and somewhat thick. You can also opt to use a frozen banana along with the frozen berries if you like your smoothies thick.
Special Diet Notes: Cosmic Cherry Smoothies
Just be sure to use the right protein powder for your dietary needs. Fiona makes these cherry smoothies with a soy-based protein powder, but you can use your favorite dairy-free protein powder – there are many to choose from, including soy-free rice or pea protein powders.
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- 1 banana, optionally frozen (for thicker / creamier)
- 1 peach, pitted
- ¼ cup frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup frozen cherries
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons vegan protein powder (optional*)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (we tested with honey)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 1 to 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy immediately!