This recipe for coconut noodles is a “main course” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Catherine Norris. For the light sauce, she uses Coconut Milk Beverage from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Coconut Noodles with Scallops
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and tree nut-free. In fact, it is quite allergy-friendly unless shellfish is a concern. Just be sure to purchase a vegetable stock for the coconut noodles sauce that meets your dietary needs.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 red bell-pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch sea salt and pepper
- ½ cup hot gluten-free vegetable stock
- 1 cup So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- about 12 sea scallops
- ½ lime sliced thinly
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 9 ounces uncooked brown rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut to garnish
- Start by heating the coconut oil in a wok for skillet, over high heat. Add the bell pepper, and garlic, stir for a minute. Add the turmeric, chili powder, pepper and sea salt, stir-fry for an additional minute.
- Mix the vegetable stock and coconut milk together and add to stir-fry, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the scallops, lime slices and spinach, continue cooking for another five minutes. The sauce will reduce and thicken.
- Meanwhile, immerse the noodles in a pt of just boiled water. Let stand for 5 minutes and drain. Add the cooked noodles to the coconut stir-fry and mix. stir for 2 minutes.
- Plate and sprinkle with shredded coconut.