With a triple-dose of coconut, these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are a “dessert” recipe entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Viera Hercegova. In keeping with the coconut theme, she uses Vanilla Coconut Milk Beverage from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, soy-free, tree nut-free, vegan, and vegetarian. Note that you may want to swap the vegetable oil for non-GMO canola oil or grapeseed oil in cases of severe soy allergy. Also, though the FDA currently requires coconut to be labeled as a tree nut (this is under consideration for revision), many allergists recognize that the classification is not warranted.
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Coconut Milk Beverage
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oatmeal, flours, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together dark brown sugar, coconut, and all wet ingredients. The sugar will dissolve.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients and add the chocolate chips at the end.
- Drop about 2 teaspoons of dough for each cookie on a baking sheet and flatten lightly with your hand.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then let cool completely.
- Enjoy with a glass of So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Coconut Milk Beverage!!!