Special Diet Notes: Homemade Garlic Mayo
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 2 generous pinches of sea salt (the amount that you can pick up between your thumb and fingers)
- 3 cloves garlic (more or less, to taste)
- 1 egg
- about 1 cup sunflower oil
- 2-3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Add salt, garlic and egg to your food processor or blender and process until garlic is finely chopped.
- In a thin, steady stream (this is really important), add the sunflower oil until the sauce thickens. I have had it happen where the mayo never thickens. Don’t worry, just pour the mixture into another receptacle, add another egg and slowly pour it back in in a steady stream.
- When the mayo has thickened, add the vinegar (processing all the while) to mix. Adjust salt.