Recipe by jae, Domestic Affair Blog – This flavorful vegan salad dressing is similar to something my friend Liz, who I farmed with on Salt Spring Island, used to make. Everyone would go crazy for it, but it was never clear just how the recipe went. I think I’ve finally got it. This makes a small amount, but you could just double or triple it one you confirm you’re also in love with the taste.
Special Diet Notes: Mystery Dressing (Flavorful Vegan Salad Dressing)
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- ¼ cup flaxseed oil
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon miso (buy the stuff in the fridge, not the kinds that are shelf stable)
- 1 teaspoon natural nut butter (almond butter, peanut butter, etc)
- 1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 medium clove garlic, grated
- Pour the oil in a jar. In a cereal-size bowl, combine the vinegar with the rest of the ingredients. Pour all that in the jar with the oil and shake it all up until a uniform mixture is achieved. Enjoy over salad or steamed veg.