Special Diet Notes: Roasted Red Pepper Spread
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 (6 ounce) jars roasted red peppers, drained
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon onions, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-4 tablespoons oil
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender. Blend or process until mixture is fairly smooth, adding oil as needed for desired consistency. Place in serving bowl, cover, and chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Serve with toasted french bread or water crackers.