This savory blueberry vinaigrette recipe was shared with us many years ago by a company that made 100% pure blueberry juice. Sadly, they are no longer around, but there are still many pure blueberry brands on the market, like Knudson Just Juice. And this wonderful, easy, healthy vinaigrette recipe lives on. It suits almost any dietary need, and is completely free of added sugars and sweeteners (blueberries themselves contain some natural sugar!).
Blueberry Vinaigrette adds Fresh Flavor to Everyday Meals
Need a quick, healthy meal idea using this blueberry vinaigrette? Try this chicken salad:
Easy Blueberry Chicken Salad: Place a chicken breast in a skillet or saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring the water to a boil, cover the pan, reduce the heat to low and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the chicken to a cutting board and let it cool before slicing or shredding. While the chicken cooks, toast some walnuts or pecans in a dry skillet over medium heat. Keep them moving for about 3 minutes, or until just toasted. Serve the chicken and pecans over salad greens with sliced cucumber. Optionally add dairy-free feta and / or fresh blueberries. Drizzle with the blueberry vinaigrette.
Vegan Options: Use baked tofu, fried tofu, or chickpeas in place of the poached chicken.
Special Diet Notes: Savory Blueberry Vinaigrette
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, added sugar-free, and paleo-friendly.
- ½ cup 100% blueberry juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar (can sub balsamic vinegar)
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the juice ,oil, vinegar, onion, garlic, mustard, and basil until emulsified. Add black pepper, as desired.
- Store the vinaigrette in an contain in the refrigerator or up to a couple weeks. Shake or whisk before each use, as it will tend to separate.