Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Aioli makes a delicious creamy flavorful dip for fries or roasted vegetables, spread for sandwiches, or burger topping. It’s easy to prepare and has a luscious taste and creamy texture.
Special Diet Notes: Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Aioli
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally soy-free (use soy-free Vegenaise).
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1½ cups vegan mayonnaise (like Vegenaise)
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- In a small bowl, place the sun-dried tomatoes, cover with them with the hot water, and set aside to rehydrate for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes and their soaking liquid to a blender or food processor.
- Add the basil leaves and garlic, and pulse a few times to roughly chop everything.
- Add the mayonnaise and balsamic vinegar, and process to well combine.
- Transfer aioli to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.