A few years ago, I rang in the New Year with several close friends and the most amazing pomegranate cocktail. The hostess dropped generous spoonfuls of fresh pomegranate seeds into each glass to offer a delicious pop of fruit with each sweet sip.
This pomegranate cocktail recipe is reminiscent of my friend’s signature drink creation. It offers the twist of white wine (though as noted, sparkling wine or champagne can be used) and cranberries. I’ve adapted it from a recipe that was shared with us by ALDI, the parent company of my favorite store, Trader Joe’s.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Pomegranate Cocktail
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, and all around allergy-friendly.
Just use caution when selecting the wine or sparking wine for this pomegranate cocktail recipe. Some are fined with casein (milk protein), egg protein, or another top allergen. Look for wines labeled as vegan, or that disclose they are free of top allergens. Frey is a good organic brand that is noted as dairy-free, gluten-free, and allergen-safe.
- Lime for glass rim, quartered, optional
- Sugar for glass rim, optional
- ½ cup white wine or sparkling wine
- ½ cup cranberry-pomegranate juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh pomegranate arils or fresh cranberries
- Gently push a lime quarter about ¼-inch into the glass rim, and move it around the rim to lightly coat the top with citrus.
- Place about ½-inch sugar in a dish just big enough to accommodate one glass. Dip the rim of the glass in the sugar. Repeat with second glass. Let them dry for a few minutes.
- Pour the wine and juice into your glass, stirring to combine.
- Drop in pomegranate arils and/or cranberries.
Gorgeous!! I would love it if you would link it up to Tipsy Tuesday at Grey is the New Black!
What a great cocktail, Alisa! It looks like the perfect way to ring in the New Year! I’ve been on such a pomegranate kick lately, I know I will love this!
Pingback: 24 Amazing First Date Dinner Recipes That Will Get You To Second Base - Homemade Recipes|1000's of FREE Homemade Dinner Recipes