From the blog Gluten Free by the Bay, this cashew sour cream recipe is recommended as remarkably similar to real sour cream. The author utilized a dollop of this “cream” to tame a firey soup! Also great for nachos and tacos.
Special Diet Notes: Cashew Sour Cream
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup raw cashews (must not be roasted or salted)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Juice of one small lemon
- Cover cashews with water and soak for a few hours, or overnight.
- Pour off all water, and place nuts in food processor.
- Add ¼ cup cold water, salt, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Puree for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth and creamy in consistency.
- Use in any recipe that calls for sour cream.