If you have my dairy-free book, then you know of my passion for cool and creamy beverages, but some of the best smoothies contain just a few sweet and natural ingredients, like this one. You only need three ingredients (four if you count the ice), for this refreshing fat-free sweet summer cantaloupe smoothie recipe.
Special Diet Notes: Creamy Cantaloupe Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and paleo-friendly.
- 1 cup ripe, frozen cantaloupe chunks
- 1 ripe banana, small to medium in size
- ½ to 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk beverage
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- ½ cup crushed ice (optional)
- Place the frozen cantaloupe, banana, ½ cup milk beverage, and lemon juice (if using) in your blender. Blend until smooth.
- If it is too thick, blend in more of the milk beverage until it reaches your desired consistency.
- For a frostier smoothie, blend in the ice. .
- If you don’t mind the color, toss in ½ to 1 cup of fresh spinach leaves. Spinach doesn’t touch the wonderful smoothie flavor, yet adds a good dose of nutrition.
- Ground flaxseeds, a tablespoon or two, for some of those great Omega-3’s and a little protein.
- Ground coconut, a tablespoon or two, for flavor and if you are a coconut for health fanatic like myself. (Adds a bit of fat too if you are concerned about the little ones not getting enough)