This creamy carrot cashew soup is an “appetizer” recipe entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Maria Kathleen Barnet. For the smooth and creamy texture, she purees the vegetables and uses Coconut Milk Beverage from So Delicious.
This carrot cashew soup is loaded with vegetables, including a whole head of cauliflower, but has plenty of richness and flavor to entice.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Creamy Carrot Cashew Soup
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 2 medium-sized carrots, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup coarsely chopped celery
- ¼ large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup carrot juice
- 2 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- ½ cup raw cashews
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the cauliflower, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, carrot juice, and coconut milk beverage in a soup pot.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes (or until the vegetables start to become tender).
- Put the mixture and cashews into a high-powered blender or food processor and blend until creamy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.