This recipe for crab lettuce wraps is an “appetizer” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Joni Hilton. For the dip and creamy filling, she uses Coconut Milk Beverage and Barista-Style Coconut Milk Creamer from So Delicious.
Joni says this dish is “sweet and spicy with a killer dip!”
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Crab Lettuce Wraps
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, and tree nut-free.
For soy-free and dairy-free creamy crab lettuce wraps, use an allergy-friendly cream cheese alternative, such as Daiya, and add some chives.
- ½ lb. crab meat
- 8 oz. dairy free cream cheese (such as Sheese), chive flavor
- ⅓ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Barista Style Original Creamer
- ½ cup bottled roasted red peppers, minced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 lettuce leaves
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- In a small bowl, stir crab meat with 6 ounces of the dairy free cream cheese, setting 2 ounces aside. Stir in So Delicious Creamer, red peppers and cayenne pepper.
- Place a spoonful of crab mixture on each lettuce leaves and roll up tightly. Cut on a diagonal and place on serving platter.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining dairy free cream cheese with So Delicious Coconut Milk and the juice of 2 limes. Spoon into dipping bowl, then sprinkle with lime zest. Serve with sliced wraps.