This recipe for creamy farfalle pasta is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Mildred Lynn Caruso. To qualify, the recipe includes Cultured Almond Milk (Yogurt) by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Creamy Farfalle Pasta
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan and vegetarian.
- Sea salt
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (gluten-free, if needed)
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped or smashed garlic
- 1 pound Cremini mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 pound thin asparagus, trimmed, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Greek Cultured Almond Milk
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ cup + ¼ cup walnuts, toasted, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped parsley tossed in lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the farfalle and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, add the oil to a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until tender and most of the juices have evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and sauté until the asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the farfalle. Stir in the cultured Almond Milk and nutmeg coating the pasta, adding the reserved cooking liquid ¼ cup at a time as needed to moisten. Stir in ½ cup of walnuts. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Mound the pasta in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the lemon flavored parsley and remaining ¼ cup of walnuts.