This recipe for almond vegan pesto dip is a “15 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Erin Powell. For that creamy touch, she uses dairy-free Greek-Style Coconut Milk Yogurt from So Delicious.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Smoked Almond Vegan Pesto Dip
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- ¼ cup smoked almonds
- 2 ounces fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 6-oz So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Greek Cultured Almond Milk
- Have a food processor ready, and a 4-cup serving bowl set aside for the finished dip.
- Pick all of the leaves from the basil, and roughly chop them. Process almonds and picked basil for 1 minute in the food processor.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Add the olive oil, and process until smooth.
- Pour the 2 containers cultured almond milk into the 4 cup bowl. Stir in ¼ cup of the almond pesto. Mix well, and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve with chips or fresh vegetables. Save the remainder of the pesto for a spread on bread, or toss with pasta for an easy dinner.