This recipe for chicken tagliatelle is a “15 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Marisa Raponi. For the creamy sauce, she uses Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk from So Delicious.
Marisa says, “This sauce is so quick it’s usually done before I have the pasta cooked! It is a one pot full meal with lean chicken and loads of veggies! See if you can count them all! If you have time!LOL… It actually takes less than 15 min. to prepare and cook.”
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Creamy Spring Vegetables and Chicken Tagliatelle
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, and soy-free.
For egg-free chicken tagliatelle, use an egg-free pasta. It may not be fresh (most fresh pastas contain egg) and thus may require longer cooking time for the pasta.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced ¼-inch thick slices, against the grain
- ½ cup finely chopped kale or spinach
- 1 bunch asparagus, snapped into 3" pieces, no woody ends
- 1 cup button & oyster mushrooms (or any type)
- 1 bell pepper, seeded, sliced (I used red & yellow)
- 6 pieces frozen artichokes (optional)
- 1 cup parsley, chopped including stems
- 4-5 basil leaves, chopped or torn
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 small onions, sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 birds eye pepper, chopped (or to taste) or 2 GG mini chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Original Almond Milk
- 9 ounces dried, egg Tagliatelle pasta
- 4 tablespoons salted, roasted, shelled chopped pistachio nuts
- Place a large pot filled ¾ full of salted water onto a burner and turn on high.
- Begin to prepare vegetables as above.
- In a large preheated skillet sauté the chicken searing and browning on high heat.
- Make a hot spot by pushing the meat over and add the vegetables sauté using a large spoon or tongs.
- Add seasonings, ¾ of the herbs and toss to cook.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water. Stir to separate, when the water comes back up to a boil, turn the heat down to #7 or #8 so the pasta water doesn't spill over. Using tongs stir, tossing gently every minute. Until cooked to al dente. If it is fresh dried egg pasta it will take 5 min.
- Add flour to the chicken mixture and stir to coat and cook for a few seconds.
- Pour in the milk and stir to reduce and thicken. Lower the heat to a simmer but, do not boil.
- This will only take 1-2 min. Remove from heat.
- Drain the pasta. Keep ¼ cup of the pasta water and dump the skillet mixture into the pasta pot.
- Toss to coat with the pasta.