If you’re short on time, but need some quick energy or a chocolate fix, make this crispy, crunchy dairy-free chocolate bark. It’s simple, but addictive, and quite versatile. You can use whatever dairy-free trail mix you have on hand, but the bark shown uses Enjoy Life to keep it nut-free, dairy-free, and top allergen-free. We originally shared this recipe back in 2010, but have since updated it!
Make this Easy Dairy-Free Chocolate Bark when you’re in a Crunch
Melted chocolate littered with crispy, crunchy, and chewy add-ins from your cupboard doesn’t really need a recipe. But recipes are basically ideas, no matter how easy or complicated. And we’re here to inspire and make dairy-free living as simple and delicious as possible!
That said, you might not have trail mix on hand. If not, go ahead and add 1 1/2 cups (total) of your favorite dried fruit, seeds, and / or chopped nuts (if nuts are okay for you). Broken pretzels and lightly crushed whole grain cereal are also tasty additions!
Special Diet Notes: Crunchy Chocolate Bark
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. But be sure to choose the trail mix, cereal, and chocolate chips that suit your dietary needs.
- 6 ounces dairy-free trail mix (like Enjoy Life; or see option in post above)
- 1½ cups crispy rice cereal (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1½ cups dairy-free chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life)
- ½ teaspoon oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the trail mix and cereal.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the oil.
- Pour the chocolate over the trail mix and cereal and stir quickly to combine. Immediately scrape the mixture onto your prepared baking sheet and spread it into a thin single layer.
- Let sit to set or place it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, or the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is solid, break it into pieces.
- Store the chocolate bark in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.