This simple curry carrot soup recipe was shared with us over a decade ago, but I don’t have record of who sent it in! Because there are so few ingredients, it is important to choose those ingredients wisely. Make sure your carrots are nice and sweet, and that the curry powder is one you like. And feel free to tweak the seasonings to taste!
Special Diet Notes: Curry Carrot Soup
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally nut-free.
- 6 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup plain dairy-free milk beverage or lite coconut milk, warmed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, or to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Add the stock, carrots, onion, and curry to a pot over medium heat. Cook until the carrots are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool 10 minutes.
- Transfer the stock and vegetables to your blender and puree until smooth
- Return the mixture back to the pan and stir in the milk beverage or coconut milk. Add salt to taste. Warm over low heat to serve.