This recipe for almond joy spread was an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Jessica Stier of Desserts with Benefits. To qualify, the recipe includes Culinary Coconut Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free. It is a rich infusion of pure creamy almond and coconut.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Almond Joy Spread
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. It is also sugar-free and sweetened with stevia, though you can use your favorite sweetener, to taste.
- ¼ cup coconut butter (Jessica uses Artisana)
- ¼ cup roasted almond butter
- ¼ cup lite coconut milk (Jessica uses So Delicious Dairy Free)
- 2 packets organic stevia
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips (Jessica uses Enjoy Life; optional)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the coconut butter and almond butter until coconut butter is melted. This takes about 40 seconds total with two, 20-second intervals.
- Stir in the coconut milk, then add the sweetener and extracts. Stir in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate. If refrigerating, stir before using.
Key Pantry Supplies: Almond Joy Spread