Apples take center stage in fall baking, but we often forget, they are delicious in other types of recipes, too! These apple pie smoothies highlight the sweet-tart flavor of raw apples, and are a great way to use up any leftover apples from that pie you baked. We also like how this recipe is naturally plant-based and allergy-friendly, so almost everyone can enjoy it.
We love almond milk or oat milk for the milk beverage in these sweet smoothies. The flavor of each complements both the apples and spices. The smoothie consistency is cool and lightly creamy. You can make it richer with lite canned coconut milk in place of the milk beverage, if preferred. If using coconut milk, I would add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract to tie the flavors together.
Special Diet Notes: Apple Pie Smoothies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
- 2 cups unsweetened plain or vanilla dairy-free milk beverage
- 1 large or 2 small fresh apples, cored, peeled if desired, and diced
- ¼ cup maple syrup, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 4-8 ice cubes
- Put the milk beverage, apples, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and ice in your blender, and puree until smooth.
- Divide the smoothie between two glasses.