These sweet blueberry drop biscuits have a wonderfully crisp crust on the outside with a soft classic biscuit texture on the inside. Unlike rolled biscuits, drop biscuits have a slightly stickier dough that can be dropped like cookies onto a baking sheet.
This dairy-free blueberry drop biscuits recipe was shared with us by White Lily, the makers of self-rising flour, and slightly adapted.
We’re sharing these dairy-free blueberry drop biscuits now, as inspiration for the 8 ingredient or less March Recipe Madness Contest. See what amazing things you can make with just a handful of ingredients (only 5 in these!)?
Special Diet Notes & Options: Blueberry Drop Biscuits
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- Preheat your oven to 500°F and grease a baking sheet or line it with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbs are the size of peas. Blend in just enough milk with a fork until dough leaves sides of bowl. If needed, add more milk to form soft dough. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet 1 to 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes. Split and serve warm with butter.