This fun recipe for dairy-free caramel crispy rice bikes was an Honorable Mention (10 VIP Free Product Coupons!) winner for Best Presentation in the The Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, hosted here on Go Dairy Free, and sponsored by So Delicious Dairy Free.
This caramel crispy rice bike recipe was crafted and photographed by Anita Archibald. Congratulations Anita!
Special Diet Notes & Options: Dairy-Free Caramel Crispy Rice Bike
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. Just be sure to use caution in selecting the crispy rice cereal (not all brands are gluten-free and a few contain honey (non-vegan).
For nut-free and dairy-free caramel crispy rice bikes, you can substitute Coconut Milk Beverage for the almond milk.
- 2 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Original Almond Plus Almond Milk
- 1 cup sugar
- Combine almond milk and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve. Simmer for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has darkened a bit, thickened, and a good ⅓ the original volume. There should be about 1 cup.
- Remove from the heat, cool for 15 minutes, then strain into a jar. Let cool to room temperature.
- Line a large rimmed cookie sheet (9X13-inches) with parchment paper, greasing below and on top of the parchment to help it stick to the pan.
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, and oil. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the 1 cup prepared sweetened condensed milk.
- Return to medium heat and bring to a boil for an additional 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the crispy rice cereal. Mix to combine.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan, pressing lightly.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares or any desired shapes. For bike, cut into circles, add gummy worms and candies for bike parts using stiff icing for glue.