This recipe was an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, submitted by Kaitlyn Groan. To enter, she needed to use a So Delicious product. But Kaitlyn went above and beyond, using So Delicious creamer, milk beverage, ice cream, and whipped topping to make this very decadent recipe for dairy-free carrot cake milkshakes. She chose their coconut-based versions, because coconut and carrot go extremely well together. But you can substitute other alternative types, if preferred. For some ideas, see our guide to the Best Dairy-Free Vanilla Ice Cream and our Dairy-Free Whipped Cream Guide.
Special Diet Notes: Dairy-Free Carrot Cake Milkshakes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 1 pint vanilla dairy-free ice cream
- 1 cup carrot juice
- ¾ cup vanilla dairy-free milk beverage
- ½ cup plain or vanilla dairy-free creamer
- 2 graham crackers, crumbled (gluten-free, if needed)
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons dairy-free cream cheese alternative
- 2 tablespoons frozen raisins (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground ginger
- 4 to 5 ice cubes
- Dairy-free whipped cream
- Add the banana, ice cream, carrot juice, milk beverage, creamer, graham crackers, pineapple, cream cheese alternative, raisins (if using), cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and ice cubes to your blender. Blend on high for about 3 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the milkshake mixture between two glasses, and tp with dairy-free whipped cream.