Every time I see cauliflower pizza crust as a menu option, I know it isn’t dairy-free. Most recipes use cheese, and lots of it, to make the crust cohesive. But this dairy-free cauliflower pizza crust is completely cheese-less! It’s still gluten-free, grain-free, paleo, and relatively low-carb, but it’s a lighter option made with simple, wholesome ingredients.
Dairy-Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust that’s Cheeseless, Healthy, and Low Carb
This recipe was shard with us by Dole, in honor of the Disney and Pixar film, Soul. It pays homage to Joe Gardner, the main character, who fed his soul with his passions for jazz and pizza. This cauliflower pizza crust makes homemade pizza accessible to all types of diets, including those who follow a dairy-free keto or paleo diet. We’ve included this Thai pizza topping option for you to enjoy, and to help inspire your own creations.
Paleo Thai Pizza Option
The pizza pictured is topped with Thai red curry shrimp and 1/2 of a Dole Slawesome Mango Sriracha Salad Kit, prepared. It’s a cabbage and carrot slaw with a fruity and spicy dairy-free dressing.
To make the shrimp, toss 1/4 pound peeled and deveined shrimp with 1½ teaspoons Thai red curry paste in a small bowl. Top the par-baked pizza with the shrimp, 1/2 cup chopped pineapple, and 1/4 cup red onion. Prepare half of the salad kit and scatter it atop your pizza. Garnish with 1/4 cup chopped cucumber and 2 tablespoons chopped roasted unsalted peanuts. Finish baking the pizza as directed in the dairy-free cauliflower pizza crust recipe below.
Special Diet Notes: Cauliflower Pizza Crust
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegetarian, and paleo friendly. It’s also suitable for some low carb and keto diets.
- 1 small head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons salt-free garlic herb seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pulse the cauliflower, in 2 batches, in a food processor or blender 10 times, or until it reaches a rice-like consistency. Makes about 3 cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir in the almond flour, seasoning, salt, and cauliflower until well combined.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer the cauliflower mixture to your prepared pan, and with your hands, shape it into a 12-inch circle that's about ½-inch thick.
- Bake the crust for 25 minutes or until the edge start to brown.
- Remove the cauliflower crust from the oven, and top as desired. Bake the pizza for 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.