I’m someone who can’t resist jumping head first into work straight out of bed. So I count on that morning mug to ease me into the day. It’s especially helpful on days when those urgent or irritating emails appear in my inbox first thing in the morning. You know the ones. That’s the beauty of having cold brew concentrate on hand. You can pour an instant cup of the freshest, dairy-free cold brew coffee with whatever intensity your body needs.
If you are waking up in a zen mood from a restorative sleep (I’m assuming this happens to some of you?), then you can pour a mellow amount of concentrate. Balance it with a some water or creamy coconutmilk beverage and that perfect splash of So Delicious Dairy Free Creamer. If it was a rough night sleep and your stress levels are high, go intense and sweeten the deal with a good pour of that dairy free creamer.
And there is no need to pay the big dollars when you can make your own cold brew concentrate at home! Dairy-free cold brew coffee is affordable and so much fresher than store-bought. In fact, one 10-ounce bag of coffee beans yields 12 to 15 cups of cold brew concentrate! And it really is easy.
Just soak the coarsely ground beans overnight.
Strain to reveal a perfectly smooth cold brew coffee concentrate.
Pour some of the coffee concentrate into your mug. Leave it at room temperature, heat for a warm mug, or add ice for iced coffee.
Dilute with water or dairy-free milk beverage as desired. And pour in the best dairy-free coffee creamer for a perfect dairy-free cold brew coffee beverage.
They had a huge selection of coffee, but it was easy to decide. Archer Farms Organic Whole Bean Coffee were a great value and came in several varieties.
For the perfect dairy-free cold brew coffee, I grabbed a quart of Vanilla So Delicious Dairy Free Creamer.
And of course I needed some cool clear mugs to showcase my dairy-free cold brew coffee. Target had the perfect glassware for a great deal. But I also spotted a cool Father’s Day mug that I simply had to pick up for my dad.
Special Diet Notes: Dairy-Free Cold Brew Coffee
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- ⅔ cup (2 ounces) coffee beans
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half (optional)
- 3 cups cold water
- Place the coffee beans in your blender, food processor, or coffee grinder. Pulse the beans just a few times. You want a coarse meal or finely chopped beans, not coffee grounds.
- Transfer the chopped coffee beans to a large jar or container. Optionally add the cinnamon stick. Cover the coffee with the water.
- Cover the container and let sit at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Pour the coffee through a nut milk bag (for cleanest results) or a fine mesh sieve lined with cheese cloth or a coffee filter into another container.
- Fill your mug halfway with the coffee concentrate. If desired, heat the coffee or add ice for iced coffee.
- Add the creamer, to taste, and water or milk beverage (hot or cold), as needed. Optionally top with a sprinkle of cinnamon to serve.
Pin this Homemade Dairy-Free Cold Brew Coffee
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Danone. The opinions, photos, text, and store purchases are all my own.