Special Diet Notes: Chocolate Tapioca Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, plant-based, vegan, vegetarian, and optionally top food allergy-friendly.
The following"addictive," yet food allergy-friendly recipe was created by Rebecca Reilly, author of the cookbook Gluten-Free Baking. Reprinted with permissions.
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- Pinch salt
- ¼ - ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 cups dairy-free milk alternative
- ⅓ cup dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life brand)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk the tapioca, cornstarch, salt, sugar and milk together in a saucepan. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Toss in the chocolate.
- Over medium heat, whisking gently bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl.
- Cool slightly before stirring in the vanilla.
- Great eaten warm or chilled.