This dairy-free, nut-free banana birthday cake may be a savior for some mom’s with allergic children! This cake will be a hit at any party or occasion.
Special Diet Notes: Banana Birthday Cake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 1½ cups egg whites
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 165C.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Combine cream of tartar, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, oats, and mashed bananas. In a separate bowl combine the flour, confectioner's sugar, and salt.
- Fold the banana mixture into the egg whites. Then fold the flour mixture into the egg white/banana mixture.
- Pour batter into one 9 or 10 inch round cake pan, coated with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 1 hour, until cake is firm and lightly golden.
- Cool for five minutes then slip out of pan on to a serving dish. Garnish with a light dusting of confectioner's sugar.