Special Diet Notes: Basic Vegan Apple Crisp
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, plant-based, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 4 cups sliced apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup sugar (use beet sugar or certified vegan cane sugar for vegan)
- ½ cup dairy-free margarine (Earth Balance has two soy-free options)
- ¾ cup oat flour (can grind ¾ cup oats with a spice grinder - for gluten-free, use certified gluten-free oats)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Place the sliced apples in a greased 8x8 baking dish, and sprinkle the cinnamon and salt over top. Pour the water over all.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, magarine, and flour with a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping over the apples.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the top is golden and crisp.