Berry Yummy Gluten-Free Peach Bars
- *For fruit filling:
- 1 can (15 ounce) sliced peaches (in juice)
- ¼ cup raw sugar or packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (or tapioca starch)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- *For crust and topping:
- 1 package Enjoy Life Snickerdoodle cookies*
- 1 tbsp Spectrum organic shortening (can sub Earth Balance or other soy-free margarine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- To make the fruit filling: In a large bowl, mix together juice from peaches, sugar and starch. Stir in fruit. Place in a saucepan and cook over low hear until mixture thickens. Set aside
- To make the crust and topping: Combine crust ingredients in food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles flax meal. Press half of the crust mixture into a greased 8-inch square baking pan. Reserve the other half of the crust mixture fro the topping. Pour the fruit mixture over the crust. Take the reserved crust mixture and sprinkle over the fruit mixture.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the topping is golden and the fruit mixture is dark purple and thick. Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting into bars.
*These cookies are awesome (whether or not you are gluten-free) so I do personally recommend them. But if you need to sub another cookie, keep in mind that these are soft-baked cookies, not wafers or crispy cookies.