Special Diet Notes: Brownie Bites
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- Vegetable oil spray
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray mini-muffin pan with vegetable oil spray. (If you can find them, mini-muffin paper liners are ideal; they make a better presentation and seem to hold up better than their unlined counterparts.)
- In a medium bowl, combine baking flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum.
- In another bowl, whisk applesauce, oil and vanilla, then stir into dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan, filling each cup three-quarters full. Bake for 15 minutes, or until set.
- Allow brownies to cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.