Bunny Doodle Cookies
- 1 box CinnaBunnies cereal (enough for 2 ½ -3 cups ground)
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Process CinnaBunnies in food processor until very finely pulverized. (It’s ok if there are some slightly larger cereal crumbs).
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening together with 1 ½ cups sugar. Beat in eggs until well mixed, and add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda; combine with the ground cereal and mix gradually into the creamed ingredients until blended.
- For these cookies, it is better to mix by hand with a wooden spoon than to use a stand mixer; the cookies will be much lighter in texture.
- In a small bowl, mix the 3 Tablespoons sugar and 1 Tablespoons cinnamon together.
- Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and then roll these in the cinnamon sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, spaced 1-2 inches apart. Bake at 375 F for 8 minutes exactly. Edges should be slightly browned and tops beginning to crack. Cookies will be very fragile until set; place pan on wire rack to cool, then remove cookies with spatula.
- These cookies will keep well for several days in a tightly closed cookie tin — but most likely they’ll be eaten too quickly to store!