Carrot cake without dairy and eggs can seem tricky, but this vegan carrot bundt cake recipe is remarkably easy. It’s a tender, moist, flavorful cake that rises to the occasion without any egg alternatives, and is topped with a naturally dairy-free glaze.
Vegan Carrot Bundt Cake finished with a Sweet Tangerine Glaze
This recipe was originally shared with us by Vegetarian Times. We’ve since updated it, and have a few quick ingredient FAQs.
- Is Sugar Vegan? Some vegans might be concerned about plain old sugar, but most brands are actually vegan-friendly. You can buy an organic sugar to be sure, or check the brands at your store against this vegan sugar list.
- Not a Fan of Raisins? You can substitute another dried fruit, like dried cranberries or blueberries. Or simply omit the raisins.
- Prefer Oil to Butter Alternatives? In a pinch, you can substitute coconut oil or your favorite baking oil for the butter alternative. If doing so, I would add another 1/8 teaspoon salt with the dry ingredients.
- No Tangerines Available? You can certainly substitute orange juice or another juice, like pomegranate or lemon juice, to mix things up.
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Carrot Bundt Cake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. Just be sure to choose a butter alternative that suits your dietary needs.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup carrot juice
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup dairy-free buttery sticks or spread
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 2 cups powdered confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup tangerine juice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, and grease a 10-cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
- Bring the raisins, carrot juice, and water to a boil in a saucepan. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the butter alternative until melted.
- Pour the carrot juice mixture over the flour blend and stir to combine. Fold in the grated carrots.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan, and even it out.
- Bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then unmold it onto a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and tangerine juice until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the cake while it is still a little warm.
- Cool the cake completely before slicing and serving.