This vegan carrot cake recipe originally hailed from the Vegetarian Times.
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Carrot Cake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup carrot juice
- 4 ounces ( ½ cup) vegan margarine, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 4 carrots)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup tangerine juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 10-cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and baking soda in large bowl.
- Bring raisins, carrot juice and ½ cup water to a boil in a pot. Remove from heat, and stir in margarine until melted. Pour carrot juice mixture into flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in grated carrots.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Unmold onto wire rack.
- Whisk together sugar and tangerine juice until smooth. Pour over cake while still warm. Cool cake completely before slicing and serving.