Special Diet Notes: Choco-Loco Vegan Brownie Bites
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1⅓ cups Bob’s Red Mill white rice flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- With a mixer, beat the applesauce, water, oil vanilla, cocoa, and sugar until smooth. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into greased mini muffin tins. Do not over-fill.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until brownie is firm around the corners and leaves an indentation when poked in the middle. Let cool completely, then remove from the tin with a small knife or spatula.
- Frost or dust with powdered sugar if desired.