I was able to get a pre-release copy of Cookies for Everyone, and have already sampled two yummy recipes. I can’t seem to put the book down long enough to write a review on it, but you need not wait for my “official” weigh-in as this cookbook is now available to purchase.
Grab your apron and get ready to bake! Enjoy Life’s “Cookies for Everyone!” Cookbook is loaded with over 150 delicious gluten-free and allergy-friendly recipes that are safe for most everyone with food allergies, intolerances or sensitivities. You can rest assured each recipe contains NO: gluten, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, dairy or soy!
Choose from allergy-friendly versions of family favorites or new treats that will quickly earn top-of-the-cookie-jar status, including Especially Expresso Brownies, Bananas & Cream Tartlets, Lemon-licious Shortbread and People’s Choice Chocolate Chip Cookies. Everyone is bound to enjoy!
Also, for a little instant gratification, I have a sample recipe from Cookies for Everyone that I think you will enjoy!
Special Diet Notes: Choco-Loco Vegan Brownie Bites
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1⅓ cups Bob’s Red Mill white rice flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- With a mixer, beat the applesauce, water, oil vanilla, cocoa, and sugar until smooth. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into greased mini muffin tins. Do not over-fill.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until brownie is firm around the corners and leaves an indentation when poked in the middle. Let cool completely, then remove from the tin with a small knife or spatula.
- Frost or dust with powdered sugar if desired.