This vegan chocolate-covered raisins recipe was provided by Enjoy Life Foods. Use the Enjoy Life chocolate chips and chunks to keep this recipe dairy-free, nut-free, egg-free, gluten-free, and free of most major food allergens.
This recipe is very easy, and even a fun one to make with kids. Just be sure you’ve got a workspace set aside as it can get messy! Place these special candies in a cute gift bag or tin to give to someone special, or simply pop them in as a surprise lunchbox treat.
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Chocolate-Covered Raisins
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening in a microwaveable bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue until all chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add raisins and mix until coated.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the coated raisins.
- Placed drained raisins on parchment paper and let cool to harden.
- Once cooled, if needed, break pieces into smaller bits.
- Enjoy and share with your loved ones!