We can always count on the Levana Cooks newsletter for both traditional and untraditional recipes like this one. Levana Kirschenbaum is the author of the cookbooks, Levana Cooks Dairy-Free! and Levana’s Table: Kosher Cooking for Everyone.
Author: Levana Kirschenbaum
Serves: 10 logs
- 1¾ cups agave syrup
- 2 cups natural dairy-free margarine
- ½ cup rum or brandy
- 4 cups chocolate chips, best quality
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup instant coffee powder, decaf ok
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups toasted pecans or hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 box (15 ounces) graham crackers, broken into small pieces
- Melt the first set of ingredients on a low flame.
- Add the eggs and whisk quickly until incorporated.
- Turn off the flame, add the nuts and graham crackers and combine thoroughly.
- Shape into logs about 2″ in diameter, and wrap tightly in plastic, securing the ends with twisters. Refrigerate the logs a couple hours, until firm.
- Unwrap and slice ½ inch thick with a sharp serrated knife.
Will make about 10 logs, about 10 slices per log. No need to slice all of them, leave the unused logs in the freezer or refrigerator until ready to use.