This simple Chocolate Silk Pie recipe comes from the About.com author for Vegetarian Cuisine , Jolinda Hackett.
Special Diet Notes: Chocolate Silk Pie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
For peanut-free: sub in almond or cashew butter. For nut-free: sub in Sunbutter or other favorite seed butter and use a suitable dairy-free milk (coconut, rice, etc)
- 1 container tofu, silken or firm (approx 12 oz)
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life brand)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon dairy-free milk beverage
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- Melt the chocolate chips over low heat, stirring frequently to ensure the chocolate doesn't burn. You can use a double boiler if you have one.
- Once the chocolate is melted, blend together the peanut butter, silken tofu, chocolate and soy milk in blender until smooth and creamy, adding a bit more soy milk if necessary.
- Pour into pie crust and refrigerate until firm, at least one hour.