Coconut Pecan Fudge Frosting
- ¼ cup rice milk
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- scant pinch of salt
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. bourbon, optional
- ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1½ cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- Whisk rice milk, cornstarch and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large, stainless-steel saucepan over medium heat, stir together the coconut milk and brown sugar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture starts to boil. Turn down heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the rice-milk mixture once more, and slowly pour into the coconut-milk mixture, stirring constantly to incorporate.
- Stir mixture continuously, until it darkens, gets very thick and smooth, and cornstarch is cooked, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and beat in vanilla and bourbon, chopped pecans and coconut.
- Stir until everything is coated and completely combined.
- Cool to room temperature before frosting cupcakes.