This coffee coconut ice cream recipe comes from Foods Matter, July 2007:
We used shots of espresso coffee from our local coffee shop but if you have a home espresso machine you can make your own. Without the sugar the ice cream has a quite ‘adult’ taste, which you may not find sweet enough for ice cream. The flavour matures in the freezer so try to make it a bit ahead of time.
Special Diet Notes: Coffee Coconut Ice CreamBy ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 2½ cups coconut milk
- 6 shots (approx ⅔ cup) espresso coffee
- ⅔ cup Tia Maria, Kahlua, or other dairy-free coffee flavored liqueur
- 1 heaped tablespoon dark brown sugar (optional)
- 3-4 oz pecan nuts (optional)
- Mix the coconut milk, coffee, liqueur and sugar, if you are using it, and put them into an ice cream maker. Churn/freeze until it has reached ‘slush’ texture then add the pecan nuts if you are using them. If you are serving the ice cream at once continue to churn freeze until it is frozen but not frozen hard. If you are not using it immediately continue to churn
- freeze until it is frozen but remember to take it out of the freezer and ‘defrost’ in the microwave for two minutes on ‘defrost’ or leave it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before you want to serve it.
340cals – 4g protein
26g total fat – 16g sat / 5g mono / 3g poly
16g carbohydrate of which 11g sugar
0.5g fibre – 3mg sodium / 0.008g salt