Dairy Free Custard
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 6oz Soft Silken Tofu
- 1 tablespoon Concentrated Apple Juice
- 2 teaspoon Barley Malt Powder
- 4fl.oz. Rice Milk
- 1 tablespoon Arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Place the tofu, apple juice, barley malt powder, and half the rice milk in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a small bowl mix together the remaining rice milk and the arrowroot and stir until smooth.
- Transfer the tofu mixture to a saucepan and heat, stirring, over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the arrowroot mixture and heat until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and add maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well. Serve hot or cold.