Special Diet Notes: Dairy Free Custard
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, plant-based, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 6oz soft silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon concentrated apple juice
- 2 teaspoon barley malt powder
- 4fl.oz dairy-free milk beverage
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the tofu, apple juice, barley malt powder, and half the rice milk in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a small bowl mix together the remaining rice milk and the arrowroot and stir until smooth.
- Transfer the tofu mixture to a saucepan and heat, stirring, over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the arrowroot mixture and heat until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and add maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well. Serve hot or cold.